Friday, March 17, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Twisted Rib Stocking Cap

I can't seem to keep it down to one active project for very long... As I was working on the Button Band for my Save Our Sheep Sweater, I had another urgent hat project come up.

I thought I would make the Principessa Hat with the information I learned in making the Baker's Hat, but again something is not making sense between the brim and pattern sections.  I'm going to have to try this pattern with a yarn closer to the intended gauge.


So I've made a pivot and improvised a plan... I'm calling it the Twisted Rib Stocking Cap.

The current plan is to knit the entire hat in twisted rib, then work the crown decreases in four sections.

I knit during the Colorado Kennel Club Dog Show over Presidents' Day Weekend...

and more while spending much of another day in a waiting room...

At this point, I think I'm about half-complete with this hat.

I hope you have a nice Fiber Arts Friday.  Be Well.

No comments: