Friday, December 16, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Summer Cardigan, part 6

Since resolving the 6-row mismatch on the upper panels of my Summer Cardigan last time, I began pinning the pieces together.

There is a suspected 3-stitch discrepancy on each of the front panels.... so 6-stitches over all.  But I decided to start the join between the upper panels and lower panel as indicated by the instructions.  Then I decided that I needed more safety-pin style stitch markers to pin the rest of the piece together.

I set this project aside to wait for the stitch markers, and somehow lost the crochet hook.  ???? 

Then, as I made a plan to purchase a new one, I found it. whew.

I pinned the upper and lower panels together, and felt that I might be able to make up the stitch difference.


But that was not the case.  There is a lot of curling at the ends.


Here, you can see the starting point, and the 3 extra stitches on the upper (floral) panel.


And here you can see that I still have 3 stitches to account for on the lower (Solid) panel at the other end.

So for now, I think I am going to separate the upper panels from and lower panel, then stitch the upper panels together, and remove the 3 extra stitches from each of the Upper Front Panels.  Then I will block all of the pieces together again.

I'm almost resigned to re-making the lower panel, but I want to be very sure how many stitches to cast on.

So, Happy Fiber Arts Friday?

No comments: