Friday, October 14, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Summer Cardigan, part 5

Whelp this sat for a couple of weeks, waiting for some quiet time to pin the pieces together.

So after confirming that I know the crochet slip stitch, I clipped the pieces together, being careful to match the rows from the bottom...

There is a mismatch of 6 rows between the front and back floral panels.

While it was blocking, I just thought the back panel was more stretchy than the front ones.  sigh.

After sitting in time out a little while longer, I re-pinned the panels,

and ripped out the 6 extra rows.  I think I will re-block these before stitching together.

I began stitching the upper and lower panels together... because this is the order in the instructions..


While the seem is looking fine, I began to worry about the 3 extra stitches on each of the front panels.... I confirmed that the stiches cast on for each section of the upper panels matches the number cast on for the lower panel... but I did not take into account these 3 extra stitches.


So I don't know if this pattern was Tech Edited or not.  I don't believe it was graded well, or maybe it was released prior to testing each size.

Other than a delta for casting on, and a few large categories on sizing, I don't see the detailed instructions for each size, and I've already mentioned a few sets of instructions that are not quite correct.


Anyway, at this point, I've ordered some more stitch markers/pins for the Upper-Lower join, but I have a feeling that the lower panel will need to be 6 stiches narrower... if so, that means ripping out and re-making the entire piece.

This will be going into timeout for a while and there is now little chance it will be ready to wear before the snow flies.  :-/

Happy(?) Fiber Arts Friday.

No comments: