Friday, September 30, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Summer Cardigan, part 4

In a surprise turn of events, all 4 panels are complete.  I decided to verify the row count on the lower panel when I thought I had two rows to go... and I had exactly 30 rows complete.  WooHoo!

The apparent reason for this is that I missed counting two rows during the first skein... which means my weight estimates were a bit high last time.  I was expecting to need two full skeins plus a little extra to finish this panel.  Now I have about 20g of the second skein available for seeming.

After confirming that the stitch count of the three Floral Panels match the stitch count on the lower panel, I washed them according to my regular process.

Then taking some of the techniques I learned in my Finishing Class earlier this year, I blocked the front and back panels on top of each other, to aid in matching rows.  It's not clear in this photo, but they don't exactly match in height.

You can see that my stitches got progressively more loose on the solid panel.  Hopefully this won't be a big deal in the finished garment.

Next step is seeming!

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

No comments: