Friday, October 7, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Save Our Sheep Sweater, part 13

As is always true with my fibery projects, changes are expected.

The Hog Island has been in many places of breed order and configuration over the life of this project.

I have currently decided to leave the Jacob out (grey), because I have worked with it before... therefore making this project 100% new-to-me breeds.

This also means that I'm reasonably settled on the smallest/darkest buttons from my short list.

After weighing and winding the separate balls of Hog Island, I began the Right Sleeve... this time starting at 19 rows, a few less than I could make, so I could check progress against the other balls, in the hope of preventing TINKing.  :-)

Progress slowed down a a lot in July, with ~100F Daily Temperatures.

I started to pick this back up on cooler mornings in late August/early September... and at the end of September I am now working on this again for a few minutes, nearly every morning.

I'm through most of the Hog Island and approaching the final section of instructions, so decided to try it on for a length check...

As of this writing, the left sleeve (23 rows) is four rows longer than the right, and the body is one row shorter than the left sleeve.

I would like the sleeves to be about 2 inches longer, prior to starting the cuff, so I added a life-line-like marker to measure from.

Also as I was checking the waist length, one of the needle stoppers fell off, along with a bunch of stitches.  Ack!


Fortunately Hubba was home, so he was able to help me remove the sweater while I contained the loose stitches in one hand, thereby preventing a series of running stitches and a lot of repair.

Whew, catastrophe averted.

I need to think more about what's next on the body... and whether it's important to me that the breed bands on sleeves and body are the same length... or if the last set of Navajo Lines should be at the same distance from the shoulders.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: