Friday, August 28, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2020, part 7

As a reader of this blog, you may be getting tired of so much spinning...
  • Since it's summer my feet are not getting cold while spinning.
  • I'm not travelling so I have more flexibility for spinning time.
  • I've had a hand/wrist injury that has made knitting painful for the last several weeks.
So there has been a lot of spinning over the last few months... and will be more with the Tour de Fleece 2020 v2.0 starting tomorrow.  :-)


While I was having a very productive Tour de Fleece v1.0 earlier this year, I carded bunch of Tibetan Mastiff.  This time it's from Ramen.  I had been chatting with some of the other chiengora spinners and thought I might produce a skein for the Best Bred by Exhibitor for our National Specialty.  Which was cancelled, rescheduled, and cancelled again this year due to COVID-19. 


The next likely opportunity for our National Specialty is March/April 2021, so I have time to get a skein finished... and of course, decide for sure if it will be gifted.  ;-)




I have 2 goals for this Tour de Fleece:
  • Complete the Prepared Ramen - 7 ounces have been separated into 3 groups of batts.  In order to complete the singles during this tour I need to spin one batt per day or one group per week.
  • Move my SE2SE Project Forward - I have 3 breeds in queue but am not committed to achieving as much as round one.
    • Hog Island was started in early August.
    • Dorset Horn is ready to go.
    • Santa Cruz is waiting to be carded.
  • Considerations for the Challenge Days are Milk and Pearl rovings.
  • I don't have a daily time goal, though I am planning to keep track of time spent.
I joined the Chiengora Team again since Tibetan Mastiff will be my primary focus for this Tour.

Tour de Fleece Dates:

     Begins:  Saturday, August 29
     Challenge:  Sunday, September 6
     Rest:  Monday, September 7
     Rest:  Monday, September 14
     Challenge:  Thursday, September 17
     Ends:  Sunday, September 20

Round 2 Starts tomorrow!  Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

No comments: