Friday, August 24, 2018

Fiber Arts Friday: Washing

I broke the index finger on my dominant hand early in the summer.  This means that a lot of things I had planned did not happen... such as skirting and washing fleece.


So now that I've been out of my splint for a bit and the weather is still warm, I decided to start washing... basically I'm doing anything I can think of to regain mobility and grip strength... wringing out fleece counts!  Ramen is up first... I have 3 years of collected undercoat to wash... 2016, 2017, 2018.


While I have a lot of lingerie bags, apparently I could use a few more.  ;-)




Final tally is 3 lbs 1.25 oz of washed fiber added to my stash.  Ramen says "Nice work!  I'm getting ready to make another winter coat."


I like washing fleece, especially in the summer.  It's easy to fit in between everything else, and it dries quickly in the hot sun.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: