Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Why Blog?

I've had my blog for nearly 12 years, so far.

I've had periods of active inter-pollination with other blogs, but that isn't happening much these days.

I think contributing factors are that people are spending more time on other social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TicToc.  Also there are a lot more podcasts and vlogs being produced...  but mostly, I think it's because I don't spend as much time commenting on other blogs.  Part of that is due to the tools I'm using to read them, which don't facilitate commenting.

However, I do make it a priority to continue to blog.  Primarily because it's a good way for me to organize my thoughts, track progress on projects, and mark milestones with respect to our farm- and art-related endeavors.

I try to write with readers in mind, because I believe that thinking of others, no matter the circumstance is an important skill to practice.

No comments: