Friday, November 15, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Vashon Sheepdog Classic

I learned about the Vashon Sheepdog Classic from a coworker.

Vashon Island is one of the large islands within Puget Sound near Seattle, WA.  He and his girlfriend were going and it is now on my list of things to do.

Along with the Herding Dog Trials, there is a fiber and food market.  If you've never seen Herding Dogs work, I highly recommend it.

As a breeder of purebred Livestock Guardians, I am always interested in seeing well-bred dogs doing what they are intended to do... and Herding is no different.  Simply amazing!

My friend had a wonderful time at the Classic and was kind (and generous) enough to bring a present for me.... 2oz of washed and carded Yak Down.


If you know me at all, you know this is the most wonderful and thoughtful gift.  :-)

... and because I love this video so much...


Don't Knit Alone from Lisa Berglund on Vimeo.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: