Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Dog Show: Southern Colorado Kennel Club, 2019

After a long layoff, Ramen and I competed in the Southern Colorado Kennel Club Dog Show over Veterans' Day Weekend.

Ramen loves the show environment, and spent the 4-hr drive like this... excited to go to the show!


Since we were the only TM entered, we had the opportunity to compete in the Regular and Owner-Handled Working Groups all three days, and he received this nice mat for winning Best of Breed on the first day.


The Leonberger Club was having a specialty, so we were able to show many people the difference between Tibetan Mastiffs and Leonbergers.


We were also able to talk to people about Tibetan Mastiffs and LGDs in general.

This nice man sketched a quick portrait of Ramen.


I was able to get a little knitting done during a rest break.


We saw many of our canine and human dog show friends, and made many new ones.  We also met several soccer players at our hotel who were in town for a tournament.

I do have to say that I don't think of our dogs as being especially big.... I know they are large, but Great Pyrenees, Newfoundlands, St Bernards, Irish Wolf Hounds, and English Mastiffs are all bigger than Tibetan Mastiffs.  So to see Ramen in the hotel room, I was taken aback.... he really is a big dog.  :-)








I greatly enjoyed spending the weekend, one-on-one, with my special boy.

Until next time...


No comments: