Friday, November 8, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Scrappy Palindrome, part 2

So I ripped it out, and started over with US7 needles.

I like this fabric better.


Also, since I am now using larger needles, I went back to my stash and pulled some more remnants for this project.


In this photo I have some of the first yarn I bought when I restarted knitting 12-13 years ago (green and beige).  There is a whole lot of yellow left over from the Duck Feet I made for my nephew, handspun bamboo+silk+merino from my BFF Hat, kettle-dyed Manos del Uruguay, a tiny bit of MadTosh, a couple of black and white yarns that I used to make early hats and the little bit of blue-black left over from my fabulous Best In Show Winning Alpaca Wrap.

There's something really fun about these scrappy projects, very much like a patchwork quilt.... each section brings the memory of another project and the person or event it was made for.... and it's time to change yarns right about the time I start to get bored with the pattern.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: