Friday, July 1, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2011

Like many of the Fiber Arts Friday Fiberistas, I have joined up with the Team of Wonder for the Tour de Fleece.

Photobucket

 The Tour de Fleece is a fiber spinning adventure set to mirror the Tour de France.

This Tour runs from Saturday, July 2nd (tomorrow) through Sunday, July 24th.  The Tour races every day with the exception of two rest days.  We are encouraged to spin every day the Tour races as well as spin something challenging on Friday, July 22nd which is the hardest day of the cycling race.

 Just like last year, I will post daily progress on my weekly Fiber Arts Friday posts.

 My goals for this Tour are:
  • Spin every day the Tour races - I'm not setting a time goal.  The Quasi-Commissioned Project taught me that I prefer to enjoy spinning without worrying about the time.  So if I spin as little as a half-inch of yarn, it counts.
  • Finish Spinning the Black Huacaya Alpaca Batts of Wonder - I am currently about half-way complete with the lot.  This is also a goal from my WIP List.
  • Spin the Tibetan Mastiff Fur I carded a while back - again, a goal from my WIP List.
  • Improve my skills to the point of nothing being over spun.
  • Practice Spinning Thick.
  • Spin with a Drop Spindle while I'm travelling.
  • Spin only alpaca-related fibers - the Tibetan Mastiff Fur counts because we are using Tibetan Mastiffs to protect our alpacas.  In addition to the Black Huacaya Batts of Wonder, I also have llama, baby camel and paco-vicuna fibers in my stash.
I will be spinning on my trusty Louet S10 DT...


as well as my one-and-only-not-so-fancy drop spindle.


Since today is Fiber Arts Friday, please check in with the other Fiberistas.  You're sure to see something interesting.

6 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

Your wheel looks so lonely like it really wants some fiber attention. It will be in for a treat tomorrow!

fiberdance said...

looking forward to see all our bobbins getting full during the TdF. You have lots of goals-good luck!

WonderWhyGal said...

I am super excited for TdF to start too! Yes, I can't wait to see how the rest of the black huacaya turns out...along with the mastiff.

Viva TdF and Team of Wonder!

Tamara Miller said...

Awesome! See you on Raverly and I am going to be working on spinning thick/thin.

Vivian said...

I like your Tibetan Mastiff logic, because they protect the alpacas. Happy spinning!

Voie de Vie said...

I'm with Vivian on the Tibetan Mastiff logic ... and I really want to see how it spins up!

I love Wonder Why alpaca. I have some already spun into yarn and I've pet it every day since I received it. :) Alpaca and llama pretty much rule as far as I'm concerned.