Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Coincidence?

We've been trying to find some old friends for years.

You know how it goes.  They moved and changed jobs.  We moved and changed jobs.  Life goes on.  We lost touch.  In this case, my sister had a special friendship with their daughter and they became pen pals.

I asked my sister a few weeks ago if she had heard from the daughter.  But both had moved and lost touch also.

Then last week, my husband was visiting in our old town.

He ran into our old friend.  Yep.  Our friend was in town visiting as well.

Both were out for a run, on the same trail, at the same time, in a city that neither lived in anymore.

Coincidence?

Then today, my sister called.  She found a letter from the daughter "just sitting on a shelf."

The letter is 10 years old.

Isn't that strange?

We've been looking for them for years and now we've found them.... on all channels.

It makes me wonder.  Are those things/people/events always there and we just don't see them until everyone is ready? Or... does someone place them there when the time is right?

I guess that's why they call it serendipity.

I wonder if there's a way to make things like this happen.  Or do we just have to be patient while we grow more?

What do you think?

2 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

If there is a way to make it happen I want the secret! A few years ago I felt pretty confident I had tracked down a friend of mine from college (with a very common name). I e-mailed the person in charge of the site and asked them to pass along my contact info to her but I never heard anything :-( There is another college friend I'd like to connect with as well, but I can't recall her married name.

Heather Woollove said...

I love this post! It brings up all sorts of things for me...is it what my friend would call "a God thing"? Is it that things happen when they're meant to?
...or does a constellation of emotional/psychic energy bring unseen forces to bear? I don't really know, but I've had similar experiences.
I say for now, just enjoy it and have a wonderful reunion!!!