Friday, April 30, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday - Knitting Cables

For me, knitting cables is like riding a roller coaster.  It looks really scary and only the experienced amusement park goers do it.

Eventually though, the curiosity got to me and I had to try it.


Like the roller coaster, I couldn't wait to make another cable.


I couldn't get enough and took as many coaster rides as time would allow.


I finished six cables last night.  I hope it doesn't cause the same stomach issue that a multiple coaster ride day causes.

Enjoy more Fiber Arts Friday fun at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like it! I'm scared to try cables, too, but one day I will get there! :)

Jess

Via Verde Farm said...

I love cables! I wish I could over come my fear of them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like! And cables aren't really scary - once you try it. :D

Teresa
http://teresasdesk.wordpress.com

AllyB said...

Very nice cable. If you enjoy them you should try the scarf pattern called the Irish Hiking Scarf. It's awesome cabley goodness.

http://www.helloyarn.com/irishhikingcarf.htm

WonderWhyGal said...

I keep finding patterns with cables but I'm afraid to try. Both @knitwithsnot and @spinsanity said they would help me. I need to because they are BEAUTIFUL! I think it's great that you've taken the plunge. Thank you for sharing with Fiber Arts Friday.

Kathryn Ray said...

@AllyB - I totally printed that pattern out yesterday!

@ everyone else - @FiberFool told me, cables are just "an organized way to knit stitches out of order." It helped to take (some of) the fear out of it.