I finished my first baby for adult hat this week. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
My next baby for adult hat is from the Algerian Action Blog. I decided to make it out of a shiney black merino single and finish it off with a white satin ribbon.
The hat band is in stockinette stitch, so I used 20 stitches per 5 inches to determine that 92 stitches should be cast on for a 23 inch circumference. Comparing that to the pattern, I decided to cast on 93 stitches. I'm anxious to find out how well I did on the sizing.
The only trouble I've had so far is that the eyelet detail became a purl row. I'm certain I was not doing the "insert the needle into the diagonal" correctly, but I decided to make these knit rows since it was easier.
I'm about half-way complete.
Get more Fiber Arts Fun with the Wonder Why Gal.