Friday, August 25, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Modified Sandbank, part 2

Since last time, I tried to put this project on one circular needle, but it wasn't quite ready...

So I moved it to two of my longest US0s.  These are 40 inches long...

This was a dedicated project until about  the end of March 2023, when it started to get boring.  So I did some work on other projects to give my mind something else to focus on.

This was also the point of leaving our temporary housing toward the end of the major portion of our remodel.  It was in to the second part of the first pattern repeat and about 2.5 inches wide.


Working on it a little here and there for much of April, I am complete with the 2nd pattern repeat as of early May 2023.  The project is about 4.5 inches wide, and I have used less than half of the first skein.


These are still the 40-inch needles...


This project then spent most of May and June resting, only picking it back up in early July 2023.

Since then I've been working with a less-is-more strategy.  Generally I only work on it in the morning while I'm having coffee and catching up on the news from the previous day.  Then spending any other available time working on something else.

Each round is currently taking about an hour and 15 minutes to complete, usually over two days.  Each round also increases by at least 4 stitches.

As of this writing, in mid-August 2023, I have completed Repeat #4 and used most of the first skein.


Repeat #4 used 27% more yarn than Repeat #3.  So assuming this rate stays constant, I should be able to complete 10 total Repeats.  Which means that I am 40% complete if you count Repeats, but only ~15% complete if you count skeins used....  lol.

Each Repeat adds two inches to the width of the wrap.

I will continue to keep track of yarn usage since the yarn is discontinued, and I, therefore, only have what I have.


I have also filled out my two 40-inch circulars and will be moving this project to two 60-inch  circulars next.


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: