Sunday, April 26, 2020

Garden 2020, part 5

Last week, when the first few indoor seeds were sprouting... I said I was running out of suitable indoor space to start seeds.


Then a few hours later, at our (awesome, locally-owned) grocery store, I found a handful of seed varieties I've been wishing I had on hand, including Parsnips and Roma Tomatoes and a couple of herb seedlings.  :-)


Then I found a long/skinny water-tight container to start the Romas indoors.


The first of my early-season seeds have started to emerge from the ground outside and the late-season seeds are really fun to watch inside.


As of this morning, I have tomato, melon, pumpkin, butternut squash, zucchini, borage, lettuce, chard, onion, and garlic sprouts.... and my fruit trees are getting very close to leafing out.

I'm not sure if there is a better metaphor for hope than fresh seedlings emerging from the ground.

No comments: