Friday, July 31, 2015

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2015 - part 4

Today is the last post for this year's Tour de Fleece. part one, two, three are here.

Friday, July 24th - Day 19
10 minutes. Some park-and-draft and some on the fly.


Saturday, July 25th - Day 20
About 45 minutes with my wheel this morning.


Sunday, July 26th - Day 21
A couple of hours with my wheel today.


Epilogue
I'm feeling pretty good about my spindling skills and my regular spinning has improved a lot over the years. I have a few small amounts of over-spun yarn, but nothing like a few years ago.

While I didn't finish my prepared roving, I didn't really expect to. I did finish almost  half and it is fairly consistent. That's something to be proud of.

The remaining raw Gunnar has been added to his collection that's in the queue to be washed. 

The remaining prepared Timberline TM will be finished, plied and knit into this scarf

Before the tour:

9.75 ounces Timberline Tibetan Mastiff roving
   
0.75 oz of Raw Gunnar Cloud

After the Tour:



All together:

4 1/2 ounces prepared Tibetan Mastiff spun on my wheel - to the left and on the bobbin.
1/4 ounce Raw Tibetan Mastiff spindled - to the right of the bobbin


Happy Spinning and Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

No comments: