Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Socks

I love socks but, I hate socks that have a seam that goes over the top of the toes.  I also hate socks that squeeze my foot.  If my toes can't wiggle, I'm unhappy.  If I can't point and flex my foot, I'm unhappy.

I love hand-knit socks, but have only one pair (made by Spinster Beth) for myself.  They had a blow-out in May.  :-(  So sad, but they were well-loved for 2 1/2 years.


I have made three pairs of socks... one, two for Hubba and one for a nephew.  I have attempted a pair for myself, but they have been frogged... three times.

I have been in a use what we have mode for several years and finally the sock drawer has a fair amount of space in it.  This is a feat (feet!) in itself... my sock drawer is typically so full that closing it is a challenge.  but when you are (theoretically) capable of making something, it certainly helps with the I don't need to buy these now decision.  ;-)

Of course most of the socks left in the drawer are the ones I really hate... because somehow they came home with me and I hate them.  I hate them so much that I never wear them.  I never wear them, so they're all in pretty good shape.

sigh

I need to work out deal with someone who loves to knit socks but would rather gift them than wear them... or figure out how to finish a pair for myself. ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When you figure that out, please let me know your secret! I can knit, I have knit several pairs, I just fell out of love of knitting them. But I sure do have enough sock yarn to knit a pair a month for a few years.