Friday, June 28, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2013

It's been a crazy spring.  My garden is not yet fully planted and I am still shearing alpacas and llamas, but I am committing myself to the Tour de Fleece this year.

I have joined up with the Team of Wonder again... though the name has changed a little (Team Wonder Why Alpaca Farm), it will always be the "Team of Wonder" to me.  :-)

As usual, I plan to post my daily progress in my weekly Fiber Arts Friday Post.  But before I get started, I have already started....


This is what my bobbin currently looks like, about 1/2 way thru the first pass, spinning a lace-weight, colored, cotton.  I have 5.5 ounces to go.


I will continue to spin this on my wheel and would love to finish it out over the next three weeks.  I will also be travelling a couple of days so I will get some drop-spindle work on a currently undecided roving.  I have no idea what my "challenge" will be yet either, but I do have a few choices when it comes to prepared camelid, so so I promise to meet the one-and-only requirement for my team.  ;-)

My goal again is to spin at least a 1/2 inch each day the Tour races.  Most days I will spin more, but I know that some days there will only be a few minutes available.

You should join us, we start tomorrow.  ;-)

Happy Spinning and Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

7 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Good luck on the TdF....

Word Lily said...

Spinning each and every day will be a decent challenge for me this year, too, but I am SO looking forward to the Tour!

Melissa said...

Glad your on the team again. I agree it will always be the Team of Wonder for me too. I plan on spinning lace weight this tour, gulp! That will be my challenge for the whole tour...stay on track will be my motto.

Vivian said...

I remember one year you posted picture of you spinning on the plane, maybe you'll do it again? Enjoy the Tour!

Spinster Beth said...

I tried spinning baby camel down once, but found I didn't have the patience for it. I shall try again, because it's so beautiful! Good luck on the Tour!

Andria said...

Have fun!!

WonderWhyGal said...

Our team will always be the Team of Wonder.

I can't wait to see that cotton fill your bobbins.