Monday, September 17, 2012

Food: Apples with my Momma


I've been making applesauce pretty much every weekend for a month.  It's been slow going with just 4 or 5 pints per session since the first weekend.

So my Momma came over last weekend to help me make a dent on our apples.

Over 2 days we think we peeled more than 30 pounds of apples.  We aren't exactly sure since we only did the weighing after the peeling and trimming had been completed.

We made 4 batches of applesauce, 1 batch of apple butter and 1 batch of apple jelly that over-jelled and became apple candy instead.

making pectin


one jar of over-jelled apple jelly


saved and turned into powdered-sugar covered apple candy

I had a good time spending most of the weekend with my Momma.

19 pints of applesauce and 12 1/2pints of apple butter

7 comments:

Voie de Vie said...

You are going to have some kind of winter larder! I bet that apple sauce will taste like a slice of fall heaven in the dead of winter.

Kathryn Ray said...

I know! We just have to keep from eating it all now, so that we have some left come January and February. ;-)

prestashop template said...

nice

weight loss said...

good work

Surrogacy Agency said...

nice pics

Carol said...

I love homemade applesauce; we used to do this with my grandmother when I was little and the house smells great!

laptop battery said...

applesauce is great,Thank you for sharing