Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend

The weather has been so lovely in Northern Colorado over the last few days.  It's hardly appropriate for January, our supposed coldest month.


The tree's are budding, the iced-over lakes are melting and the temperature gauge read 60 degrees F on Friday.


I spent Friday afternoon, coming up with anything I could do outside in the sunshine.  I made sure the water troughs were full and clean and the barn was swept out.


I picked up dog poo and the trash that always appears after a wind storm.  I re-staked our future veggie garden so our neighbor can break the ground with his bobcat.


I sat on the back porch and cleaned all of my combs and cutters so I can send them out for sharpening.


I gave the girls a mud puddle to splash around in.


I love these little breaks the Colorado Front Range can give you in the dead of winter.

Of course winter will be back with a vengeance in a couple of days.  They say we will have the coldest temperatures of the season... a high of 7 deg F is forecasted for Tuesday.  {{shiver}}

1 comment:

Spinster Beth said...

I didn't know alpacas liked mud puddles!

We're having a break here in Baltimore, too ... 42 degrees and sunshine! Makes me wish I had farm chores to do :-)