Saturday, October 2, 2010

The World Wide Moment is Coming

The World Wide Moment is a moment in time where people around the globe take a photo for peace at the exact same time.

This year the World Wide Moment is 10/10/10 at 10:10 GMT.  That means when it's 10:10 am Greenwich Mean Time on October 10th, people all around the world will be taking photos at the same time.

After the moment passes, photographers can upload their photos to the World Wide Moment site.  The photos from 2009 are here.

For me, it's a tremendous moment of peace and purpose.  I participated for the first time last year...

WWM 09/09/09 09:09+09GMT
For me, in the Mountain Time Zone, The World Wide Moment occurs on Sunday, October 10th at 4:10 am.  It will be dark, so I'm thinking about what to photograph and how best to capture it.

Please consider joining me and more than 1400 other people from 72 countries in taking a photo for peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Kathryn. I just signed up. Now if I actually remember to do it, it will be a miracle, but I hope I do.