Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chasing Rabbits part 2

I mentioned last winter that our dog loves to chase rabbits.

He hasn't caught one, as far as I know.

He sits at the front window and the back porch looking for rabbits.  He chases them into our neighbor's yard.  When we turn into our neighborhood after a car ride, he jumps up and starts searching for the bunnies.  As we reach our house, he's chosen one, jumps out of the car as soon as soon as he can and darts across the yard.

This picture cracks me up... if he only knew the rabbit was sitting right behind him.


He did notice one later... I bet you've never seen a Shar-pei mix point before... me neither.


He is learning to be more patient and is getting closer every day...


... but the rabbits are safe for now.

3 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Too funny! Our Miniature Schnauzer took his rabbit aggression out on a stuffed bunny.

Love the photos.

Unknown said...

I love the top photo! I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but I don't think I've ever commented. I'm living vicariously through you with the alpacas! That's on my list of things to do in another lifetime :).

Kathryn Ray said...

Thank you both. :-)

I saw the rabbit hop up and sit there behind our dog for probably 10 minutes. He never knew it was there.

Jamie - thank you for stopping by and commenting. I have been enjoying your blog as well.

WonderWhyGal would agree with me when I say alpacas are so much fun.