Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Shining

Yesterday I was talking with a hotel clerk about Colorado and how beautiful it is. He & some friends want to visit, but have never been.  So I pulled out my trusty iPhone to show some pictures of Estes Park and the Big Thompson canyon. Both are close to my home and in my opinion the most beautiful part of Colorado.


As he looked at the pictures, he said they reminded him of The Shining. I thought that was interesting since the Shining is said to have been written at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park.

I've never read/seen it because I have been way too chicken. But since this is the second time it's come up recently and it's part of the local history, I feel must give it a shot.

I'm going to update my Netflix queue now.

2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I won't watch the Shining...I'm an easy scare but I do love your mountain view. Thank you for sharing that beautiful scene.

Kathryn Ray said...

I'm with you on that one. I still have Poltergeist nightmares. I'm scared to watch this movie, but feel it's one of those things I need to do.