Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Posts

I read several blogs for several different reasons. 

After a while, I begin to feel like I know the author...  At least I begin to know the part they share on their blog.  Whether it's personal or business, I begin to understand how they think and what they think is important.

When a blog has made it to my Must Read list, I begin to wonder why the author started blogging in the first place.  I mean, I know why I started blogging, so I wonder if they started for the same reasons.  Which means sometimes I will go in search of their first post. 

Some of these bloggers have hundreds or thousands of readers.  However, at one time they all had zero readers and zero comments.  Which makes it really interesting to read some of the early posts.

Here are links to the first posts on some of my Must Read blogs.

Wisdom Begins in Wonder: March 2009
Alpaca Farm Girl: August 2008
Alpaca Homesteading - A to Zena: August 2009
Seth's Blog: January 2002
Sasha Dichter's Blog: July 2008
Springtree Road: January 2008
Indexed: August 2006

And just for grins, here's a link to my first post: October 2008.

Have a great day.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Isn't it interesting to see what we first think we're going to write about - and then to see where we actually go with our writing.

Thanks for the links!

WonderWhyGal said...

You know...I really don't know what my intentions were when I started my blog other than I needed an outlet for my thoughts. I used to keep a journal and I used to write poetry and short stories but the kids, farm and a busy life got in the way. I have to say that since I started my blog, I have found a sense of inner peace that had been missing and a bunch of new friends in the process.

maya said...

wow! what a great idea! i do that too - when i find a blog i really like, i always go back and read the first few posts. just to see.

personally, i had had a couple of blogs before, but they were all for family/friends because we lived out of state. my current blog is the first time i tried writing things other people might want to read, though that's not how i thought of it when i started. i thought it was just for me! :) when i write the "deeper" stuff, i still try to write like it's just for me.

& thanks for including me on your list.

Kathryn Ray said...

Maya - that's why you're on my must read list. :-)

Andrea - I love that you and I are in similar places in our journeys, though not in the same place.

Kathryn Ray said...

Lynda - the process of things has always been interesting to me.

When I started blogging, I hoped that people would find it and read it but I wasn't confident that people would be interested. Especially since this blog has become more personal than I originally intended.