Friday, July 28, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2023, part 5

This week, week 4, includes the final few days of the mens' race and the beginning of the womens' race...


Day 21: Friday, July 21 - Stage 19
Continuing with the second single started on Thursday last week...



Day 22: Saturday, July 22 - Stage 20



Day 23: Sunday, July 23 - Stage 21
Since today is both the last stage of the mens' race and the first stage of the womens' race, I thought I would divide it out by a morning session and an afternoon session...

Morning Session...



Tour de Fleece, Femmes

Day 23: Sunday, July 23 - Stage 1
Afternoon Session...



Day 24: Monday, July 24 - Stage 2



Day 25: Tuesday, July 25 - Stage 3



Day 26: Wednesday, July 26 - Stage 4
As of midday today, I am very close to the end of my prepared fiber.


One of the things that is great about having my Studio mostly set up, is that I can prepare fiber as I need it.  Which means I am not feeling anxious about not having enough fiber prepared to finish out this year's Tour.

I will be able to spend ~30 minutes later today making another batch, because everything is set up and in it's place... Of course this will not be true while the floor is being replaced this coming fall, but for now this is true and completely wonderful. :-)



Unlike in our former place, when I would have to unpack the tools in order to set up outside, and hope the weather was suitable... as in not too hot, cold, wet, or windy.  ;-)


Day 27: Thursday, July 27 - Stage 5
Given the amount spun thus far, I think I will spin a bit more tomorrow, then ply for the last two days.



Counts at the end of Week 4:
  • 1st Single is complete: 40 g (1.4 oz), 137 yards.
  • Second Single is in progress, ~14 g completed
  • Zero cashmere has been spun.
  • Spun 21 of 21 Stages for the Mens' Race and 5 of 5 Stages for the Womens' Race.
  • Over 54 total grams of Tibetan Mastiff has been completed
Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: