Friday, July 14, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2023, part 3

For week 2 of the 2023 Tour de Fleece, we are continuing with the mens' race...


Day 7: Friday, July 7 - Stage 7
Only about 10 minutes of spinning for today.



Day 8: Saturday, July 8 - Stage 8
I added ~5g today.



Day 9: Sunday, July 9 - Stage 9, Challenge
I did not plan any specific challenges for this year's Tour... spinning each of the stages is challenge enough for me this year.  :-/



Day 10: Monday, July 10 - Rest Day
I'm feeling confident that I will be able to spin on each of the Stage Days, so I chose to take today's Rest Day.

As such, I did not spin.  Though I did weave in ends for a knitting project, trimmed a needle-felted item, and considered class options for an upcoming fiber festival.


Day 11: Tuesday, July 11 - Stage 10
I only had a few minutes for spinning before work today.



Day 12: Wednesday, July 12 - Stage 11
One of these years I will have as much time to dedicate to this project as I want to, but alas, this is not the year.... only about 10 minutes available for spinning today.



Day 13: Thursday, July 13 - Stage 12
Once I complete this current batch of roving (hopefully tomorrow), I should have enough for my County Fair Entry.  So plying should start soon.



Counts at the end of Week 2:
  • 1st Single is still in Progress.
  • Spun 12 of 12 Stages
  • Over 26 grams completed

As mentioned last week, my goal for the end of this event is to have at least 1 oz (~29g) of a 2-ply yarn to enter into our county fair early next month.  So far, so good.


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: