Friday, February 3, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Very Berry Socks for Hubba

In early-September (2022) Hubba was getting a little envious of all the socks I was making for myself... Brown Socks, New Normal Socks, and Clown Fish Socks.

I told him I would make a pair for him with the left-over "brown" yarn.  To which he was grateful, but not happy.  ;-)

So since Hubba is more than knit-worthy, once the Brown Socks were finished, I pulled out all of my available sock yarn and let him choose.

He chose this colorway called Prism... It is a similar colorway to the first pair I made for him.  He lost those at the ParaPanAmerican Games in Guadalajara in 2011 and the color reminds me of a bowl full of berries.  So I've been calling these Hubba's Very Berry Socks.  :-)

I wound the yarn off into a cake.


Then divided the cake into two, based on weight.

I was not able to find my notes from his last pairs, so I took new measurements, and cast on 20 stitches on September 15, 2022.

As of November 20, 2022, I have both of the feet complete and am ready to begin the gusset increases.

In late November 2022, it became apparent that these would be my travel project for the AKC National Championship.  So I took a few more measurements of Hubba's feet before our departure and identified the plan for the gusset increases and heel, and set both socks up for travelling.







By the time we got home, I had one sock complete thru the heel and the second sock with the heel in progress...

Binding off always takes longer than I think it should...

I finally finished them on New Year's Eve 2022, which brings me down to two active projects.  WooHoo!!

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: