Saturday, May 30, 2020

Garden 2020, part 8

I planted all of my surviving late-season seedlings in the outside garden on Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend.


Some of the starts didn't make it to planting.  I assume its a combination of limited sunlight inside the house and old seeds.


Then Sunday we received close to an inch of rain (when 2-inches is normal for the month) and Monday was relatively cool, so some of the starts have not survived transplanting, but many of the directly sowed varieties are doing well.



The neighborhood bees have visited the few fruit tree flowers, so I am expecting some fruit, but not too much this year.  Though there are definitely cherries in progress.


I have about 1/3 of the outside garden still available for planting and a few more varieties I'd like to get into the ground.


I am completely loving my garden this year, especially having the ability to spend a few minutes weeding each morning!  I also collected the first harvest of a few hail-damaged spinach leaves this week!

No comments: