Friday, May 15, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: New Normal, part 6

Things are starting to get exciting now on my New Normal Scarf.  :-)

I have retired all of the blues: Whirlpool in 1978, Wonderland Heather in 1985 and Clarity in 1993.  I also started the very first red color, Conch in 1990.


A couple of more milestones were added, including the adoption of the World Wide Web in 1990.


For this post, I have added 16 years (1977-1993) and the scarf currently represents 113 years (1880 - 1993) of temperature data.


I find color quite interesting.... this very light blue (Clarity) adjacent to yellow at the top looks almost grey, but when it is surrounded by darker blues below, it looks white.


I have about half of the last page of instructions to go.  Then I need to start thinking more seriously about the ends and whether I want to weave them in or add a border.

I hope you all are staying healthy and having some nice weather to enjoy.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: