Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Things That Work: Tallow Balm

I used to participate in the One Small Change and Slow Living monthly reports.  I'm still doing a lot of these things to reduce our carbon foot print, but one thing that has always eluded me was how to handle toiletry products.

Then last year I learned about a local producer of Beef Tallow moisturizers.  I had used Bison Tallow soap before, and completely loved it.  So this was an easy sell for me.

With being a farmer anyway and extra-diligent about hand-washing due to Covid, my hands take a beating.

Our skin is our largest organ and absorbs everything we put on it.  So I think it's even more important to be using healthy, sustainable products.

I love that this tallow balm is literally only 3 ingredients that are easy to pronounce and understand; beef tallow, olive oil, and essential oils.

When I use the Tallow Balm, I feel the need for it less frequently than when using industrially-produced lotions.


I also really love the stick format.  It's perfect for carrying in my hand-bag or backpack and does not seep thru the cardboard.

So these days I'm keeping a stick in my handbag and a jar on my desk.

Beef Tallow definitely works!

No comments: