Friday, March 6, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Estes Park Wool Market 2020, part 3

Swatching Complete

My Swatching Homework is now complete for the Finishing class I am taking later this year.
  • 4  4-inch Stockinette
  • 4  4-inch Garter
  • 1  3-inch 2x2 Rib
  • 1  3-inch 1x1 Rib
  • 4  started, but incomplete Stockinette

The instructions did not ask for the swatches to be blocked, but since some of them were very curly, I decided to wash and block all of them slightly.


I also left all of the tails out since this is for a finishing class.  ;-)


I'm a little dismayed that I only had two stitch keepers long enough to keep the unfinished swatches flat, but I don't use these very much so I decided not to buy more.


Most of the white yarn was consumed.  The red will be the contrasting color for the class and the beige is now being used in another project.

I'm glad I started working on the swatches right away, because they took longer than I anticipated and now I don't have to worry about them until class starts in June.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: