Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Garden 2019, part 4

Planting Herbs

We're a little before our average last freeze of Mother's Day, but we haven't had any sub-freezing temperatures for a couple of weeks and none are showing in the forecast.

So I picked up the water tank de-icers from the alpaca corrals and planted some herbs last weekend.

To the transplanted chives, I added thyme and sage.


Rosemary and basil went into the other whiskey barrel.


These new whiskey barrels are holding water quite well, which will be appreciated once the heat of the summer arrives.


Hubba convinced me that I'm not home enough to warrant planting our vegetable garden.

It makes me sad to admit that I don't have time to properly tend a full garden this summer.  But it does mean that we'll have time to support our local farmers market... which I love.

The market opens in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Linda said...

How nice to have fresh herbs at your fingertips. I'm sad you won't have time to tend a garden but happy you are working!

Ruth said...

You could do a tomato plant, or a melon plant, or the like, in each of the containers. I'd miss not being able to do my garden too!