Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Checking Out

Between being a Farmer and a Program Manger, I live a life for others that is very service and task oriented.

I spend a lot of time listening to others and helping them achieve the things they need to achieve.

Listening to and helping others is extremely rewarding, but it's also exhausting... especially as an introvert.

As a Program Manager, I need to be on most of the time.  As a farmer, I need to be watching and listening to the animals to make sure that we're meeting all of their needs.  As such, it's easy to neglect my own needs.

As an introvert living in an extroverted world, it's even more important to take time to check out and recharge.

The long Thanksgiving weekend is a good time to do that.

This year, our large family was dispersed, so the huge and loud meal did not happen.  I had the honor of spending a quiet evening with friends while Hubba spent the weekend out of town with his family.

Once the daily chores were done, I literally checked out for most of the long weekend.  I declined a visit with some great friends that I don't get to see much.  I took an awesome nap.  I watched a couple of favorite movies along with the National Dog Show and some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I did some writing as well as knitting and spinning.

I'm feeling better.

How do you recharge?

No comments: