Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nature has Other Plans

After my post yesterday, I had pretty much decided to breed Keyla and the younger girls in early September when the younger girls were ready.  I just wanted to do a little math first.

This morning however, I neglected to latch the boys' gate properly.


This isn't the match-up I had planned, since we have done this match-up before.  No worries though, Keyla and Bandit make nice babies.  Check out Eduardo and Apple.  :-)

So, assuming this breeding was successful, we should be expecting our first 2012 cria around the middle of July next year.

9 comments:

Its_Lily said...

lmbo...oh, sorry. Perhaps I shouldn't laugh? Oh, those wonderful plans we make that get dashed to pieces. Weren't those Alpaca dogs supposed to prevent such things from happening?

Kathryn Ray said...

LOL. No. The very good dogs alerted me to the escapee, but they were secured in the girls' corral.

I tried to lure him with food, but the only thing that really works is a pretty girl. ;-)

Spinster Beth said...

What will you name the baby ... Loose Gate Latch?

Kathryn Ray said...

LOL!! I was thinking about naming her (!) Bandit's Lucky Day. Hahaha

WonderWhyGal said...

I like Bandit's Lucky Day.

tehehe, I am so glad I have never had that happen especially now that all of my Suri girls are gone and I have so many Suri fiber boys. My Mystery keeps the Huacaya females birthing gorgeous offspring.

Voie de Vie said...

I smiled too when I saw and read this post! So much for pet family planning. :)

Bandit's Lucky Day is good ... but a little wordy. Maybe Mr./Ms. Opportunity?

Can't wait to see this cria next year.

Voie de Vie said...

P.S. - In terms of names - what about a riff on your blog post title? Still a little wordy, but Nature's Other Plan might be appropriate. :)

Kathryn Ray said...

Oh, I like Nature's Other Plan. :-)

Vivian said...

This post and the comments really make me giggle. We are going through sex ed (or rather, avoiding it) with the 12yo, I should just send him to a farm.