Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Garden Plot

I have mentioned here more than once that I want a vegetable garden.  And finally today, we have a prepared garden space.  :-)

What it looked like this morning.


My awesome neighbor (of plumber sweater fame) broke the ground with his bobcat.




He dug the space to about 8 inches deep then spread the broken ground over the top.



He leveled the space.





Added our Alpaca Manure.




Then let me use his roto-tiller to incorporate the manure.


After about 5 hours of total work, we have a place to plant our veggies this spring.  :-)


It will be a few more weeks before we can plant.  Our official last freeze is Mother's Day.  In the meantime, I will daydream about all the wonderful veggies I might grow this summer.  :-D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! How exciting!

Spinster Beth said...

Great! I love to garden. Our plant-by date here is May first, but I usually cheat and go a week or two before. The alpaca manure is a great addition!

Kathryn Ray said...

I alwasy planted early when we lived in NM.

Last year, I planted early and suffered the consequences.

We haven't had to use the de-icers on the alpacas water in about a month, but we're still getting to freezing several nights a week. So I plan to head my lesson and wait. :-)