Monday, November 16, 2009

Legos and Alpacas

Well actually, Nano Blocks and Alpacas; but to me, Legos are like Band-Aids and Kleenex... way more than a brand. 

As a kid I loved legos.  As an adult, I still love putting things together and of course, I love alpacas.  So this is two loves coming together, from a country that I also love.

A friend from work took a trip to Japan recently and brought home an Alpaca Nano Block kit.


Aside from the name, everything is in Japanese, which I am unable to read.


Fortunately, the instructions also came with pictures.


Yes, I'm a recovering engineer.  All of my pieces must be sorted before I can start.


My prized lego alpaca on the shelf of honor.

5 comments:

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

This is so kick-A$$! My son loves lives for Legos. Where can I get him a set?

LOVE this! And great job putting it together. BTW.

DawnK said...

Cute lego design! I bet my llama/alpacal-owning LYS-owner would like that, too!

DawnK said...

Make that llama/alpaca, instead.

Kathryn Ray said...

Thanks! I haven't seen NanoBlocks before. My friend found it in Tokyo.

I did look at the legos when we were shopping this evening, but alas.... no alpacas.

Kathryn Ray said...

Ok, I finally found it... on Japanese Amazon. Boo.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%B2%B3%E7%94%B0-NBC-008-nanoblock-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%83%91%E3%82%AB/dp/B002IPGU04/ref=pd_sim_t_3