Friday, September 8, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Camo Socks

When I was attempting to make a pair of socks for the first time, I used this yarn.  It didn't go well.  

Now that I have more experience, and am better at counting... ;-), I decided to try this yarn again.. Having been reminded that this yarn is camouflage-like when knit up, I offered to make a pair of socks for Hubba and his hunting trips.

I cast on in mid-May (5/11/23) with the intent of having the toes complete and set up for travel at the end of June.

This trip would involve airplanes and airports... and therefore a lot of waiting in uncomfortable spaces.  Which meant my Sandbank would not be as appropriate as I had hoped... Then it turned out that I was further along on this project than I expected at the time of my trip, so I brought something else.

I primarily use two longer circulars and occasionally a set of double-pointed needles on socks or hand-related projects.  So this will be different... especially since the needle portion is much smaller on these short, 9-inch circulars.  Therefore holding them feels a lot different.

But there were able to hold everything, including the heels while in progress.

I finished these up several days after my trip concluded.

As much as I am enjoying making socks, I am having a hard time understanding how much negative ease is the right amount.  So these are still a bit big for Hubba.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: