I had 3 false starts with the last pair of socks I tried to make for myself, so I decided to go with Sock it to Me. It's a simple, toe-up pattern. I have successfully made it twice for Hubba and I have two skeins of a Bamboo+Merino+Silk yarn.
I figured this is exactly what I needed.
|9 sts per inch is way too big|
Insert expletive here!
I had already ripped them out twice before the above photo was taken. First for not following directions and second for gauge. Both times I re-checked my gauge and measurements, but when I knit Hubba's version I used 8 sts per inch instead of the nearly 9 sts I am getting.
So I ripped them out a third time... knitting the same gauge, but using 8 sts per inch for the math. It's still not correct. :-/
I don't know what I'm going to do.... other than rip it out a fourth time. :-(
I'm not crazy about the camo effect either, but I like working with the yarn. I think they would be comfortable socks to wear and I really want a pair of my own hand-knit socks... but *#^%!, this was supposed to be relaxing.... and done by now. :-P
Make sue to check in with everyone over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder for Fiber Arts Friday, even though it's Saturday.