Sunday, May 31, 2020

Garden 2020, part 9

My intention for this year was to increase the variety of foods we were eating.  Being home due to COVID-19 has helped a lot in this endeavor.

The idea is that the more whole the food and the more variety of the foods, the more nutrients you are receiving, and therefore the healthier you should be.

We've tried different cuts of meat and different recipes during this Stay-at-Home period and our garden will be providing a greater variety of vegetables.

Over the weekend I replanted some of the early-season starts that did not survive thru transplanting and added a few new varieties.


So my garden is now fully planted.  It doesn't look like much from this broad view, yet.  But the following are doing well:

Peas

Fava Beans

Carrots

Red Onions

Spinach and Lettuce

Chard

I have attempted 43 varieties so far.  46 if you count our fruit trees.  A few have definitely not survived and I'm holding hope for a few others.

Regardless, I think we will achieve my goal of adding more variety to our diet.  :-)

No comments: