Friday, September 20, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Tibetan Mastiff Fingerless Mitts

My current fingerless mitts were modified by Gunnar (a few years ago) and again by Wilma this past year.


At least they both worked on the same mitt, but they are too far gone to repair now.  So I am making a new pair for myself.

This pattern has been in my queue for a long time.

Since I love the opposite-spun 3-ply TM I used on the Twined Mittens, I decided to use the left-over yarn for these mitts, but in standard knit.

Since I'm using my own handspun yarn and different needles than recommended in the pattern, a swatch is necessary.  To be honest, a swatch is always recommended, especially for a fitted garment.  But in this case since since both the yarn and tools are different, I need to decide if I should modify the pattern so I can make it out of my chosen yarn.


Details:
Gauge: US2 needles, 7 sts/inch
Palm Circumference: 7 1/8 inches

Based on this, I will make the M/L version.

This pattern has a small lace detail.  I don't think it will show very well in the finished piece, but I need to practice.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: