Saturday, August 30, 2014

Time Off

The last time I had a vacation, it was 2008.

It was the first time Hubba had ever seen me truly relaxed.

I tried to take a vacation over New Year's Eve at the end of last year.  It was not a vacation!  I was sick and had to work every day.

I don't mind working hard.  I've had a full-time day job since I graduated college.  I often had more than one part-time job while I was in school and I have been paying income taxes since I was about 11 years old.  Then, of course, we moved to our farm in 2009.

So while I didn't long for the type of vacation I had in 2008.... a week of relaxing on a Bahamian beach... I desperately wanted an extended period of un-scheduled time.

I'm happy to say that I've had that for much of the last two months.

It didn't exactly happen the way I wanted it to, but the reality is that it was wonderful.  I'm relaxed and very excited about my new employment relationship.

No comments: