Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reciprocity

I generally don't follow other blogs, or Twitter accounts or whatever just because they happen to follow me... and I don't expect it in return.

Usually I start because they've written or posted something that touched me or they've been recommended by someone I respect.

Some I follow as a trial.  Just to see if that little hint continues.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  Every now and then I clean out the list.  It's not a bad thing.

My advice?

Be authentic and don't worry about numbers.  It's much better to have fewer followers that feel a connection with you than a long list of people who don't.

3 comments:

Voie de Vie said...

Couldn't agree more.

Its_Lily said...

Amen to that. I cleaned mine out a while ago as well. lol...I guess I like your blog because you're still on my list. ~grins~

Natalie said...

Ha ha! I love it. I have to say, I am always surprised when I get a new follower. I usually write my posts for my extended family and get a hoot out of the comments from the people I now consider my "internet friends"...except for yarn along of course, that is strictly for the knitters ha ha ha. I actually don't "follow" any blogs but instead keep the ones I am currently reading on my side bar so I can check in with what's new on the ones I check often. I do need to update it though because I keep having to search for a few new ones. I also love to check out new ones from the comments left on other people's blogs. When there is a comment I particularly like, I usually follow that link.