Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

It's really nice when folks leave comments and even better when they regularly leave comments.  Through the exchange back-and-forth we get a sense of knowing each other.  But it's especially lovely when someone takes the time to spell out why they like you.  So I am honored to receive the Liebster award from City Garden Country Garden.


City Garden Country Garden is based in Melbourne, Australia and is fortunate to have two gardens to play in... as her name suggests there is a small city garden and a much larger country garden.  Of course we've never actually met and I can't say I know her real name, but I feel a kinship.  We are both pursuing our second year garden in our current locations and learning as we go.  I suspect I'll learn a lot from her as she is embarking upon winter gardening, and I have never even tried it before.

The rules for the Liebster Award are:
  • Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to share the love with
  • Show your appreciation to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them
  • Post the award on your blog
  • Link back to the blogs you are awarding so that everyone else can pay them a visit
These are the blogs I would like to pass the Liebster Award on to:

AC Engineered Knits - she's a knitter, an engineer, a PhD candidate and dog lover.  I'm not entirely sure when or where I came across this blog, but I love it and her sense of humor.  Especially when she posts her "angry" or "frustrated" faces.  They always crack me up.

Wattsolak - knitter, dyer and brilliant toy designer.  Also a good friend of my sister, who decided that the two of us needed to know each other.  I wish we were able to spend time together.

Knit 1, Raised 4 - a relatively new blog to me.  A couple reinventing themselves as farmers, much like we are.  I love her simple approach and beautiful photos.

Remembrances - also a newer blog to me.  She's a potter, fiber artist and gardener who is embarking upon an Eat Something She Grows Everyday challenge, which is intriguing to me since Ontario, Canada is much further north than Colorado.

Serendipitous Intentions - there are some blogs that you just anxiously await their next post.  This is one such blog.  I believe she is able to find beauty anywhere.

If you are unaware of any of these blogs, I hope you take the time to check them out.

5 comments:

Mary said...

That award is super. A nice way to help we up and coming bloggers, too. Next: I looked back a page to see alpaca socks on a line. Very nice.

Natalie said...

Thank you so much for including me in your list! I went to check out the others...I laughed out loud a few times. Thanks for sharing them.

city garden country garden said...

What a great, eclectic list of blogs!

AC said...

Aww thank you! My parents followed your linked comment on my blog back to your site and really enjoyed reading all about the shearing (they were like 'have you read that post yet?? Go read it!!'). I think you have 2 new readers. :)

Kathryn Ray said...

LOL! That's awesome! Hi AC's mom and dad!!