Thursday, September 1, 2011

This Week

This week has gone by so fast.

Actually most weeks seem to go by fast these days.

It must be a sign of getting older, or at least of doing too much.  But also the days are getting shorter.  It's dark before I'm finished for the day and I'm no longer being woken up by the sun.

The view from our back stoop on a recent morning.

Wonton (aka LGD#1) has been on house arrest for the last several weeks with a broken toe.  She has one more week to go.  So she's been waking me up at the appropriate time, but as soon as she's back to work, I suspect I'll be needing an alarm again.

This dog is not spoiled at all.  Nope, not spoiled.

It's been a tough summer with hail storms, broken toes, surgeries and broken equipment.  So I thought I would share some good news from this week.

Unfortunately it's not cria... yet.  Both maidens are still pregnant.  Daisy seems to be progressing.  I thought for sure she was going to have her baby yesterday, but it seems s/he needs to bake a little longer.

Last evening's exam indicates Daisy is further along than Frieda now, but I know these things can always change.

Same photo as earlier this week, because everyone is still pregnant.

The good news I have to share is that my client has offered another project.  Yes, that makes me very happy.  :-)  Also, my current project is progressing.  Development is nearly complete which means integration testing is starting shortly.

So my current project is going well and my new project starts up next week.  We have babies coming and puppies being puppies.  Canning season is ramping up and work is happening on our basement.  So I will continue to have more than enough to keep me occupied (as if that is ever a problem).

The real good news is that I will continue to have regular income and continue to have interesting work to do.  It also means that I will continue to travel to MSP for at least one more winter.

3 comments:

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Hooray for good news! Your puppy dogs are so gorgeous I wish I could reach through the computer to give them a big hug! And I hope your alpacas know how many people they have anxiously awaiting their new arrivals, we need cria pics! :D

Paula Parrish said...

Hello Kathryn,
Ah, poor Wonton with her healing toe. Congratulations on the new work project. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Smiles, Paula

Sharon said...

I'm happy you will continue to come to Mps! Even if it is through the winter.