Saturday, September 17, 2011

Feeling Grateful

I was thinking this morning about how so many things have changed over the last few years.

One of those things was starting this blog. I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about having my thoughts out there for all to see, but I felt I had a voice and I needed to write.

I wasn't confident enough to think anyone would actually find, let alone read this blog. So I just tried to be honest about what was going on in my head, and was conscious not to share too many details that might affect my privacy in a negative way.

There's been an ebb and flow with posting.  Sometimes I seem to post every day, sometimes not for a few weeks.  I like to post at least a couple of times each week, but if you're reading this you know I haven't achieved that goal much recently.

Eventually though, the first comments came from people I didn't know. It was surprising and exciting and caused me to want to write more.

Now a few years later, I'm still surprised that there are regular readers of this blog. Some of you have become more like friends and less like strangers which makes me very happy.  There's a good chance we wouldn't have met without this thing called blogging.

I love being able to review the post I've been willing to make and the many, many that are still in draft form.  But most of all I am grateful. I am grateful for the people who take a little time and read this blog. I do hope you find it useful and/or inspiring because most of your blogs are useful and inspiring for me.

7 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I am so glad that we have become friends because of blogger. One day we'll meet in person. I do enjoy all of your posts...

Amanda said...

Well, I'll chime in that I didn't find your blog until I knew you IRL - but it's nice to keep up to date through blogs and I find that often times the ones I enjoy the most regularly are the ones that come from folks I do know in person.

Keri said...

I was terrified the first time I realized people were actually reading my blog. Like you I didn't think that anyone would find it let alone read it. I've become a lot more comfortable with that know!!!

Melissa Plank said...

:0) I love your blog! Like you, I get so much enjoyment and inspiration from checking in with my blogger friends, it's pretty amazing!

pinkundine said...

I started my blog to keep my mum up to date with what I was knitting, and it still amazes and excites me that people all over the world read it! I love the sense of community :)

oak haven alpacas said...

I love reading your blog! I love to talk about alpacas anytime anywhere :) I like seeing the similarities and some differences of raising alpacas in a different area.

Cara

Heather Woollove said...

I'm glad that we met as 'blog friends'!!
...and now we have a 'real' friend in common! Small world!! XXO-