Friday, September 17, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday: BFF Hat, part 2

I finally finished the body of my Plumber Sweater, so I have been able to focus on my BFF Hat for the last couple of weeks.  :-)

I am just about ready to begin decreasing.


I will have to spend a little more time planning the decreases to ensure I maintain the basketweave pattern.

Then I will have to decided if I need more stitch holders or more #2 dpns... My dpn's are busy with a snoozing baby bootie.  I can't free them up because my stitch holders are busy with the plumber sweater.  Or, I suppose I could use scrap yarn (aka dental floss) to hold the stitches on the baby bootie.  Hmmm...

While I ponder this decision, please take a look at the other amazing stuff people are sharing for Fiber Arts Friday over at the Blog of Wonder.

5 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

Beautiful colors on your hat. I'm sure the camera doesn't do it justice.

WonderWhyGal said...

Your hat is beautiful!

Isn't it amazing what your handspun will create? LOVE IT!

I keep buying more needles because I tend to use the same size for most of my projects. The last knitpicks sale I picked up an extra set of DPN since I'm knitting hats all the time. I feel your pain.

AllyB said...

Your hat is looking very nice. Love the yarn color. Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful so far... THanks for sharing!

Kathryn Ray said...

hahaha... I'm trying to not have too many things going on, but I may have to get both dpns and stitch holders. ;-)