Friday, October 11, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Piney House Socks, part 1

After playing with the Rainbow Trout Colorway for more than a year on two different Top-Down sock patterns (Jaywalker and Squircle), I wanted a solid-color and Toe-up sock.

I looked at a few options, and then settled on House Socks by Purl Soho in the Alpine Fir colorway by one of my favorite local-ish indy dyers, Teton Yarn Company.

I have been doing a lot of Twisted Rib lately.  Mostly on a project I have not shared here yet.... that being said, I like the simplicity and construction of this sock.

... and given the last few days of Covid+ Tests, not only was I able to finish Squircle, but I was able to make a lot of progress in a short few days... nearly completing the first foot by the time I had a negative test.

I am continuing to work on these a little each morning and evening, while watching politics and sports, and hoping I'll be able to complete them in short order.


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: