Friday, October 18, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Cattitude, part 3

So as of last posting, I had just completed the crown of the Cattitude Pussy Hat.

I am starting this post with determining where the ears go... by placing two pairs of removeable stitch markers.

After letting that sit for a week or so, I picked up the 14 stitches for each ear.

Having been sick with Covid for early September, the initial part of the ear pattern was not making sense to me... It states to pick up 14 stitches, then first row has two increases resulting in 14 stitches, then the next couple of rows have short rows, which are normally fine but the abbreviation/name doesn't make sense.... so I need to have clarity of mind before I progress.

...

...

...

Then, finally on a beautiful and chilly first day of Fall, September 22nd, I spent some time reading through the ear instructions again and figuring out where the stitch counts were incorrect...

I picked up and knit 14 stitches of the outer ear, then made two stitches for 16 (not 14) and continued as written, with a few other corrections.

It looks a bit like Pikachu or a Viking Hat right now.

Hopefully the ears will widen out after stitching together and blocking.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: